Homeplace Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homeplace Ministries

HOMEPLACE MINISTRIES FORUMS

You are not connected. Please login or register

Commitment and Holy Living

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Commitment and Holy Living Empty Commitment and Holy Living Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Home Place Ministries PCG

Commitment and Holy Living

Matthew 7:13-27…

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

• Not everyone is going to make it into heaven -

Only those who have received Christ as Lord and Savior.

John 1:12…But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

How do you receive Jesus as your Lord and as your savior?
There must be a rebirth.

John 3:3…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

• What does it mean to be born again?

It means true repentance:

Acts 3:19…Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

It means commitment:

Romans 12:1…I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

It means submission to God:

James 4:7…Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

It means a changed heart:

James 4:8…Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

It means a changed mind:

Romans 12:2…And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

It means a changed life:

2 Corinthians 5:17…Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

It means following the leading of the Holy Spirit instead of the flesh:

Romans 8:1…There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 8:5…For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:14…For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 5:16…This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

• What does your life say about you?

Jesus says “You will know them by their fruit.”

- Is your life producing fruit that is fit for the kingdom of God?

- Can people see a difference between you and the rest of the world?
(If not, then you are no different)

- Do you hang out in the same places you did before you were saved?

- Do you do the same things you used to do?

- Do you have the same friends you had before?

- Do you listen to the same music?

- Do you watch the same TV shows and movies?

…..The Lord says …Come out from among them, and be ye separate,…touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. (2 Corinthians 6:17)

Have you separated yourself from the world?

Have you truly let go of the temptations in this world and grabbed hold of Jesus with both hands?

Some people who claim to be followers of Christ are still worshipping idols.

- Do you worship your TV set?

- Do you worship your job?

- Do you worship your children?

- Do you worship your church?

Anything that is more important to you than God has become an object of worship in your life and you need to rearrange your priorities!

God must be number one. Family is number two. Everything else falls below that.

Where is The Lord on your list of priorities?

- We are told in the book of James: …Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. (James 1:22)

Are you deceiving yourself? Are you a hearer only?
Do you know the truth? Are you free in Christ?

Jesus said: …“If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

Jesus also said:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock. (Matthew 7:21-24)

How about you?

Is your life built on the rock of truth – which is Jesus Christ?

Is your life built on the rock of life – which is Jesus Christ?

Is your life anchored in the rock that always points straight and true – which is Jesus Christ?

Jesus said of himself: “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6)

When you stand before the Lord to give account for your life …What will Jesus say to you?

Will He say…

- Depart from me, ye that work iniquity. I never knew you.

Or will He say…

- Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

If you are not sure of your commitment to Jesus….
If you are struggling with the sinful temptations of this world…
If life seems to be more than you can handle…

There is an answer:
Jesus, our creator, says: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. (Matthew 11:28-29)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum