Homeplace Ministries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Homeplace Ministries

HOMEPLACE MINISTRIES FORUMS

You are not connected. Please login or register

question: are today's women's medicines godly?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

itsmelord

My daughter is 22 and she went to the gynecologist and the Dr. put her on a birth control pill that is designed to alleviate her pain during her menstrual cycle. This wonder pill also clears up acne and her migraines. She was having relations with her boyfriend but that has stopped. ( I pray that God is convicting her) but she is unsaved. I just don't understand what God's word would say about this , they didn't offer her any other options. They said she would have pain and continue throwing up during her cycle unless she could control her cycle with this medicine. I guess I am getting horribly convicted here as well because I know I could have prayed for her to have less trouble with this if I had known.

2question: are today's women's medicines godly? Empty Are Today's Women's Medicine Godly Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:42 pm

PastorVL

The bible clearly shows that it is not God’s will that any of us suffer from sickness. I am thankful that He has blessed us with so many gifted physicians.
Doctors, just like any other gifted professional, have been given special wisdom, knowledge and tools. These enable them to walk in the purpose for which the Lord has called them.

Following are several scriptures from both the new and old testaments concerning healing and medicine:

2 Kings 20:1-7 (KJV)…
1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, saying,
3 I beseech thee, O LORD, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the LORD came to him, saying,
5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.
7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)…
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Ezekiel 47:12 (KJV)…
And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Mark 2:17 (KJV)…
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance

Colossians 4:14 (KJV)…
Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you.

Probably one of the most well know accounts of healing in the bible is recorded in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. It concerns “A Certain Woman” which had an issue of blood.

Mark 5:25-34 (KJV)…
25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

As a minister and a preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ, I have often been called upon to lay hands on the sick and pray for healing.
I have seen God perform miraculous healings; some have been instantaneous, others take place over time. Even when it seems that nothing is happening, I do not give up trusting God to work in the person’s life. I still have faith in God. Yes, there are times when the physical healing does not come. Sometimes people die or continue to suffer in spite of our prayers.
That does not mean we should give up on God or blame ourselves. Remember, we are praying for God’s will in that person’s life…Not ours.
Sometimes, for whatever reason (only God knows) we don’t get the results we want. But, be assured, God is still God and He is worthy of all glory and praise.

If your daughter’s doctor can give her medicine that brings relief from suffering; Thank God!
It doesn’t matter if the medicine is called a “birth control pill” or an “aspirin”. Birth control pills serve more than one purpose in the female body. Aspirins soothe more than just headaches.

I pray that your daughter’s health improves and that the Lord makes her whole again. But, more than her physical health, I pray for her salvation. I pray that she falls in love with Jesus more than with the pleasures of the world. I pray for a heart filled with Godly sorrow that leads to repentance…

2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)…
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

I also pray for you…
I pray that you lay aside self-condemnation and bask in the love of your heavenly Father.
I pray that you look past what you perceive as faults and love unconditionally.
I pray that you firmly receive inside of your deepest self, the assurance that…

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (Romans 8:1)

Dear Precious Saint of God…
My heart and my spirit reach out to you.
I love you with the love of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Son of God Almighty.
As I come to the end of what I hope to be a helpful and adequate response to your concerns, let me leave you with the blessing of the words of a timeless, wonderful song:

Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me! He who died,
Heaven's gate to open wide;
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.